Fan Fiction writers,
We can always use more JoVan stories! Below are the submission guidelines. Once you've submitted your story, please join the fan fiction writers group to stay updated with guideline changes, emergency notices, and support from other writers.
Hello, JoVan writers and lovers, this is a separate guideline for submissions to the JoVan Fan Fiction page. If you submit fan fic for anything other than this page, please refer to these submission guidelines.
Due to the wonderful increase in volume of submissions to this page, I have had to make a few changes. They are the following:
These guidelines may seem like a lot, but please remember that one person (me) is archiving the stories and I'm proud to say that I do this on a fairly consistent basis. Your adherence to these guidelines is not only necessary but sincerely appreciated.
- Wednesday is the deadline
for chapters/stories/poetry to be included in the weekly update,
which will occur either Saturday or Sunday. Anything received after Wednesday
will be updated to the site the following weekend. This is non-negotionable
and there are NO exceptions.
- Only 2 chapters per
story will be updated at a time. PLEASE, do
not send me more than 2. If you've written ahead, that's great! But in order to
insure that I don't misplace your work or (heaven forbid) accidentally delete it,
only send me TWO chapters per story. (THANKS!)
Only THREE (3) on-going stories per author (whether writing solo or in partnership) are allowed at a time.
- If your story is longer than one chapter, PLEASE include this information when you submit the story. It's a consideration I sincerely appreciate because knowing this helps in setting up the formatting for your fic.
- DO NOT SEND ATTACHMENTS. I do not open them. Copy and paste your story/chapter/poetry within the body of the email.
- Include the title, story rating (G, R, etc.) and a short summary. I am no longer accepting stories with NC-17 rating. If some of your work falls in this rating, please feel free to list this section or chapter as an email only option for your readers.
- Let me know if you do or do not want your email address to be included with the story. Including your email address is an EXCELLENT way to get feedback, btw.
- When sending the story it is absolutely MANDATORY that there is a blank single line space between the paragraphs. If there isn't, the story will be returned to you and you will need to add the blank line before the story can be archived.
- Spell check and grammar check your work. Your submission is your work of art, as well as, a reflection of you. Treat it with the respect you and it deserve. For dialogue, make sure that quotation marks are included. When the speaker changes, make a new paragraph. If you have any questions about correct grammar, drop me a line. I'll be happy to help.
- Finally, I do not edit anyone else's work. It's your responsibility to make sure everything is what it should be before you send it to me. When I receive your work, I assume it's ready for posting and will do just that. If changes are made after I've archived it, I cannot guarantee that these changes will be corrected on the site.
Thanks again for all the wonderful submissions! If you have any questions, please don't hesitate to drop me a line. -niklovr/Dominiqua